- Infrastructure management
- Pole implantation and anchors
- Civil works
- Suspended ducts
- Material provisioning
- Installation of external networks
- Transmission testing
- Network modifications and moves
- Project management
1. Infrastructure management
As part of its turnkey offer, Electro Saguenay’s customers can own their private fiber optic network by having access to Electro Saguenay’s non-dominant telecommunication license. Electro Saguenay remains the owner of the cable’s sheath and is responsible for the management of network infrastructures and for the annual leasing fees to infrastructure owners. Hence, customers simply have to pay Electro Saguenay an annual fee for the lease and maintenance of their network infrastructures.
2. Pole implantation and anchors
Electro Saguenay has the expertise, qualified labor as well as the entire range of specialized machinery to address any challenge and in any climatic condition (including for example vertical drilling directly in the rock for the implantation of poles in order to avoid the use of dynamite or pole supports).
The construction of poles and anchors includes the following elements:
- Localization of existing infrastructures
- Implantation of poles and anchors
- In both accessible and inaccessible locations
- Specialized rock drilling machinery
- Engineering and implantation for private lines
3. Civil works
Electro Saguenay has the expertise, qualified labor as well as the entire range of specialized machinery to address any challenge and in any climatic condition.
Civil works include the following elements :
3.1. Concrete structures
Turnkey construction of concrete structures required for the fulfillment of your projects.
3.2. Construction, maintenance and modification of underground conduits and man holes
Electro Saguenay is a prime contractor for the turnkey installation of fiber optic and multi-line cabling in underground conduits as well as for the installation of new manholes or the modification of existing manholes.
The elements included in the construction, maintenance and modification of underground conduits and manholes are:
Structural engineering and design based on customers’ requirements, whether it be for low or mid-range voltage networks or for telecom networks.
- Structural engineering and design based on customers’ requirements, whether it be for low or mid-range voltage networks or for telecom networks.
- Structural evaluation, construction or modification including:
- Localization of existing services and impact assessment with respect to new structural requirements
- Installation of conduits with both directional drilling or pushed conduits methods
- Provisioning, installation, repair and/or modification of both above and below ground concrete structures, whether it be manholes, hand holes and/or draw wells and platforms for transformers and/or severing devices
- Construction and/or repair of above or below ground concrete conduits
3.3. Burying of cables
Turnkey projects to bury electrical and telecommunications cables.
Electro Saguenay is the only company in Quebec who owns a mole plough equipped with a vibration mechanism facilitating the installation of cables in land that is not suitable for cable burying.
4. Suspended ducts
Electro Saguenay has developed a unique expertise making it possible to manufacture and install made to measure ducts allowing the insertion of fiber optics and multi-line cables directly onto the structure of bridges, overpasses and tunnels.
The made to measure manufacturing and installation of suspended ducts includes the following elements:
- Detailed field survey
- Planning and engineering
- Turnkey made to measure design according to customers’ requirements
- Manufacturing of made to measure ducts
- Resistance and conformity testing based on standards from the Quebec Ministry of Transport
- Plans and project certification by our own certified engineer
Electro Saguenay has completed numerous installations of made to measure suspended ducts for locations such as the bridges of many Quebec cities, villages and roads for all of our customers.
5. Material provisioning
Electro Saguenay is responsible for the detailed engineering and of all material provisioning for the fulfillment of the projects. Electro Saguenay takes pride in offering its customers competitive pricing and ensures grade A materials.
6. Installation of external networks (fiber, multi-line)
Electro Saguenay is responsible for the turnkey installation of fiber optic and multi-line cables, whether it be in underground conduits, manholes, suspended ducts, bridges or on aerial structures. Furthermore, we have the capacity to recommend the network configuration that is most adapted to your needs, including the redundancy (alternate routes in case of network outages). This includes:
- Network connections
- Junction boxes
- Connection to junction boxes and to buildings
Electro Saguenay has the expertise, labor and equipment to perform any cable connection with rigor and professionalism.
7. Transmission testing
Electro Saguenay owns many test equipment on the cutting edge of technology. Whether it be for the delivery of a new fiber optic network or for network maintenance, OTDR testing is part of our turnkey services.
Electro Saguenay is the only enterprise in the province of Quebec to own test equipment capable of testing network signal quality over segments of 70km, 120km and 200km (ultra-long-range). We also have the capacity to implement networks having reaches up to 380km without regenerating the signal. Here are the test equipment used:
- OTDR with a 40Db card for 70km, with a 45Db long-range card for 120km, and with a 50Db ultra-long-range card for 200km
- Power meter
- Optical reflexometer
8. Network modification or move
Electro Saguenay is responsible for validating the customer’s needs, submitting a proposal, preparing the detailed engineering, handling permit applications and performing the work.
9. Project Management
Electro Saguenay assigns a specialized project manager to each project to ensure that all of the customers’ requirements are met with respect to quality, conformity and budgets. The Project Manager regularly schedules progress status meetings with the customers and becomes the single point of contact throughout the duration of the project.